Astro Luna Alchemy
We are celestial bodies, dancing with the vibrations of the universe — the stars, the planets, and each other. We become conscious co-creators when we tune into and flow with the cadence of the cosmos.
Why the Moon?
The closest and most visible heavenly sphere, the moon, sets up a substantial visceral experience of the galactic dance. Our bodies are made of around 60 percent water, and the moon, like its pull on the earth’s tide, has an influence on our emotional and physical energies.
Did you know you can coordinate decisions, intention-setting, and acting on plans for your life with the moon’s cosmic influence?
Each mo(o)nth, the moon moves through a new position of fertile focus based on the astrological placement of the New Moon phase. In Astro Luna Alchemy, you will learn how to most potently tap into the celestial power period of the month to seed your intentions, concentrate your potential for creative manifestation, and move through growth with grace, agility, and confidence.
The Full Moon phase illuminates something previously unseen, its silvery light offers a new perspective. Luna calls for your reflection – this is a time to celebrate and acknowledge the ripening of an intention or desire as well as to confirm what no longer needs focus. You will learn how to embody the wave of creative flow, honor the expansion of your vision, and consciously release patterns or beliefs that no longer fit your dream.
What you get with Astro Luna Alchemy!
- receive a short astrology lesson with a focus on the lunar cycle and the moon’s energy based on its position in the zodiac
- learn the fundamentals of electional astrology and the power of working with lunar rhythms for potent goal setting
- discover the longer, lesser-known, Lunar Gestation Cycle, it’s four primary stages and how to wok with those stages
- explore the astrological energy of the moon through movement and asana, meditation, visualization, and pranayama (breathwork)
- awaken the body/mind and deepen the cosmic/somatic experience of the lunar cycles
- develop a deeper understanding of the subtle self in connection with the cosmos
- uncover possible hidden desires
- deepen and expand creative vision toward a more conscious experience of co-creation
- have fun
Each month will be different, based on the Moon of the month and its Lunar Gestation Cycle.
No Experience Required!
No astrology or yoga experience is required, just curiosity and a willingness to have fun and to learn something new.
Please wear comfortable, loose clothing to allow for ease of movement, and bring a journal and something to write with.
Why practice with me?
I am an experienced yoga teacher and workshop leader. My classes are gentle, playful, and relaxing.
I was first introduced to yoga as therapy for an injury when I was 18 and have been practicing ever since. I fell in love with the benefits of yoga and became certified as an instructor through the Sivananda lineage in 1996. Since then, I have deepened my investigation of the body’s subtle energies through: practicing and teaching reiki; studying kundalini and tantra yoga; being a student and practitioner of astrology and tarot; creating several visualization meditations; exploring and implementing the science of human potential; and developing workshops involving yoga, meditation, the mind/body connection, and creativity. All of these methodologies have enriched my understanding of integrative health, relational physiology, and body awareness. I am also a musician and performer, artist, life model, and writer.