Snow melting, but the road I currently live on, and the road leading to the highway, is about 4 inches of solid ice. I was thinking of going out today to bring clothing and other items to Goodwill and a large shopping bag full of books to Bookmans, the used bookstore in town. This will be my third trip.
At the moment, ice is deterring me. Tomorrow, I must go out. I have doc appointments (for my back – still being treated for the car accident injury from last April), then lunch with Rayseen and Lisa. I also hope to see a few friends before I go. If I wait much longer, going out today will be bad. As soon as the sun goes down, everything that is wet will be ice again.
I’ll probably be leaving Flagstaff on Monday so I know I will make my flight. Currently, it looks like it will be raining and snowing and Sunday and Monday. The problem is actually getting off the mountain. That can be treacherous. Often 40 and 17 are closed when the weather is bad. I really want to LEAVE.
I am done with Flagstaff. It’s too isolated and small for me. There, I said it!