Every year, Kayleigh Jean from Falcons and Pentacles offers April Fool’s Journey – prompts for exploring the Major Arcana (the Hero’s Journey) through tarot card divination and a writing prompt. These are the cards I pulled for my own exploration – try pulling cards for yourself – or – get a reading from me.
Prompt for the Wheel of Fortune card: Change in the Wind?
Two of Swords
Change is definitely here – in fact, it is a constant in life. The Wheel of Fortune says that the change comes from a Universal force, something larger than myself. Two of Swords says there is a new view of life stirring from the change, an opportunity for a new form of expression, ideas and philosophies.
This is a shift in perception of reality. This is growth.
Yes, change can create tension and discomfort, even when the transformation is something desired. The Sword is double-edged. The Two of Swords tells us we must face change, there is no preserving the status quo.
So, how do we have courage and take right action to move forward? Two of Swords has several answers.
- The blindfolded figure is reminiscent of Justice, it is a time to be impartial and acknowledge the Truth of the situation. It is time to look inward, no one else can tell you what you are perceiving or experiencing, deep down you know the answer that is right for you.
- The arms criss-crossed over the heart represents important things happening in the body. The crossing is an action that ignites both hemispheres of the brain, and strengthens and soothes the corpus callosum, allowing a more holistic, big-picture approach to the situation. In other words, it represents the balance of male and female energies.
- The heart is the fulcrum balancing mind, body, and cosmic energy.
- The Swords pointing to the sky are like antennae, pulling in information beyond the five senses, and sending energy out as well. There is a broadening of awareness that flows inwardly and outwardly.
- The Swords are large, going right off the card — there is Divine/Cosmic energy flowing though the Self. New previously unseen insights! Or, insights to come — sometimes it is ok to be ok with not knowing. There is room for growth and opportunity beyond imagining.
- This image represents an uncomfortable meditation by which sitting with it breaks through samskaras, or impressions created in the mind by thoughts and actions (habits). A change in the mind creates a change in the world.
Change is coming, is here, is inevitable. I can choose my attitude and open my perspectives regarding things I cannot control. I can welcome growth. I can ask – what is the gift?
Peace and love –
If you would like a tarot reading, I am offering my services during this time of transition and isolation for $25.00 – that is half my usual rate. Readings last for about 45 minutes.
Be well! So much love!