“I still didn’t know what I was waiting for, And my time was running wild,
A million dead-end streets,
And every time I thought I’d got it made,
It seemed the taste was not so sweet… Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes (turn and face the strange)
Ch-Ch-Changes” – David Bowie
The WHEEL OF FORTUNE represents the forces of change, fate, destiny, and cycles in our lives. It’s really about the Universal energies which affect us.
We can’t control every aspect of our lives–that much is clear, especially in Wheel moments:
- Coming of age.
- Being offered an unexpected (yet totally perfect) opportunity.
- Having one’s plans derailed due to unforeseen circumstances. Synchronicity putting you in just the right place at the right time to set you on path to fulfill your life purpose.
- Experiencing an unpredictable loss.
- Climatic disruption.
- Winning the lottery.
- Getting laid off.
- Your humble blog suddenly going viral overnight.
All of these fall under the category of the Wheel. It may bring a fortune or a hurdle to overcome, but one thing about the Wheel remains certain – it’s the action of the Universe, a force larger than ourselves. Fighting against it is futile. Better to simply take it as it comes and do your best to navigate the ch-ch-changes it brings!
The Wheel of Fortune Question
Day 11: What brings meaning into the seemingly random happenings of my life?
Two of Wands Reversed: This is a card of duality and ambiguity, this sense of being in the world but not of the world. There is isolation and there is action – what to do next? Go out into the world, or take action on the creative ideas at home? The figure in the card has one staff in hand while he looks off to the landscape, ready to travel – while holding the world in his hands, an indication that he creates his own world. The staff behind him is bolted to the wall, which appears to be the high point of a fortress, yet it still grows.
In this situation, I’d say there is a balance, or a need for balance. I am full of ideas, so many that need to be released into the world, and some that just need to be carried out at home, privately. However, to just think and not take action – whether at home or out in the world – results in stagnation and overwhelm. Action is key.
Connection is imperative for my life, and fulfills me more than I expect – every time!! I recently left my day job, and have been writing and painting at home – very solitary activities. Each time I act, a new next step occurs. I do get lonely when I am only creating at home, so creative collaboration answers that need for connectivity.
Some of the ways I am taking action with others is:
- Making music. I am in a few bands – after a 14-years break! Singing, making harmonies and performing is the ultimate form of co-creation.
- I hired a guitar teacher. it helps, as teaching myself to play by myself feels pointless. I need to have someone to answer to to help me along during this period where I am not quite ready to play the instrument with my band mates.
- aha exchange – interviewing artists, healers and activists. I recently interviewed Gina Purri, the drummer of my all-garage garage band the Lofi Sofias – not only is she a multi-talented musician, she is an entrepreneur music teacher and a business coach. By the time the interview was over, I felt like we created a third entity of possibility through our focus and conversation. That action energized me for more and more and more. That feels so good~!
- Interviewing people scares me – believe it or not, I am shy. But connecting and sharing is more important to me than fear.
- A full moon bike ride with friends.
A few of the actions I still need to take (which feel lonely while doing them, but ultimately open doors for more connection and the life direction I want to take). These are actions toward creative ideas that are not fully manifested yet:
- Update my website to make it easier for people to see and have access to all my offerings — yoga teaching, masterminding, electional astrology, tarot reading, workshops, art, reiki, meditations, modeling, and music.
- Finish proposals for two workshops along with updating my yoga bio.
- Reach out to some folks in town about holding workshops in their space. This is tied in with proposals – but can also happen simultaneously. I have a world that I am envisioning (world in my hands), and I hope they can envision it, too.
- Taking yoga classes.
The thing about taking action is, you won’t know the result until you do the action. Wheel of Fortune rolls along.
I recently left my job after an incident that had me second-guessing myself. The administration basically told me that being myself was unacceptable. I decided that situation was no longer healthy for me, so now I am on my own in the world.
I have been taking small actions toward the world I envision for a long while . . . for years . . . and now, I have so much more time to make my moves. Wheel of Fortune in action! Change is the only constant in life. I am in a balancing act of priorities – and I need to act on my creative impulse rather than a fear of going hungry.
Finally, like the figure in the card looking out over the land with the world in his hands, I am envisioning taking my workshops, art and music on the road! Clearly I am still in the vision stage, with actions being taken at my home base and my home town first.
This Two of Wands, even though reversed, is mirroring to me exactly what is happening in my life. Everything is so new, there is some fear and self-doubt. However, over the last few years I have collected tools for dealing with fears and self-doubt, and it helps to know that the universe has put change my way. The universe has my back! I am exactly where I need to be.
Did you know that anxiety and excitement have similar physiological effects on the body? One of the best ways for me to deal with fear is to get up on stage and perform!
If you are in the Flagstaff area, the Lofi Sofias is having our debut at Firecreek on Route 66 this Friday, September 27th. Doors open at 7:30 and music begins at 8:00. We are opening for the illustrious Planet Sandwich.
Showtime is Prompt as F***!
Rock on my friends!!