Eight of Swords meets the Moon
Feeling bound by social conventions? Are your beliefs serving you? Do you feel like you wanna break free?
8 of Swords is saying the answer is within you. This is an inward journey. You are butting up against old beliefs that are blocking you from moving forward. These are not yours, identify where they came from. What is your programming?
• Five swords on the right of this very alive, vibrant figure suggest a shake up. (From the figure’s point of view five swords are to the left – suggesting Intuition). Something in your thought pattern or philosophy of life is not sitting right – has become too rigid.
• two swords on the other side of the figure – and the blindfold – are suggesting looking within, meditating, in order to find balance between the old and new thoughts.
• finally, the one sword To the Front of the figure is new clarity. A new idea emerges, a new way of thinking is revealed.
You must move. You can’t stand there in the craggy cold in bare feet on the goopy wet ground all tied up and expect to survive. The person who tied you up and told you to stay there has left a long time ago.
You can choose to pretend this dilemma isn’t happening, or, didn’t happen. No, you can’t. Just kidding. You are alone in this. You are being asked to come to your senses. Seriously, what have you been not looking at? What is trying to get to you anyway – what’s screaming at you? What has you feeling tied up? Trapped? Feeling alienated?
Being tied up and left in the cold is traumatizing. Is there a trauma that is impeding your ability to connect with others? To keep relationships?
Once you look, once the blindfold comes off, you can’t unsee it.
Dance with the shadows, have a look at them. That thing that looks like a creature at your door might just be your coat rack in the dark. Do you need all those coats? Are you still keeping that moth eaten jacket because your grandmother gave it to you? How about that one that’s not your color? Maybe it’s time to give some away.
And the Moon is saying, follow your intuition. Read between the lines. There is something deeper going on than what you are being told. The Moon might also be putting an exclamation point on feelings of loneliness.
You have the vibrancy and energy – and the wild instinct – to step into your own sovereignty.
It’s time to turn away from what you think you know, and find out what you really know.
Courage! Fortitude! Guts!
Working with Today’s Energy
Action: The holidays are tough for many people. If you are feeling down, and/or alienated, please reach out to a caring friend. Please, please, please see a therapist if trauma is rearing it’s ugly head. It might be time. The world needs you and your perspective and you full presence.
Action: Open your throat chakra –
- Chant Om. This awakens your throat chakra, and it becomes easier to speak your truth when your throat chakra is open.
- Join me in chanting Aham Prema – which means I am Divine Love. I do it twice a day, live on instagram (@cosmic_hollytroy), or check out any of the videos I put up on my youtube channel, Co-Creating with Cosmic Holly or the Aham Prema Project.
- Put on your favorite song and sing along! Dance! Get moving. Move that energy!
Action: Journal in the morning. Try stream-of-consciousness writing for three pages or more in the morning, before you look at your phone, emails, electronics. Write these out by hand. Make this a habit. Get out your thoughts, before someone else’s creep in.
Action: Try doing a cord cutting meditation.
Share: I would love to hear how it goes! Feel free to share in the comments below.
Book a reading
If you wanna book a reading with me, check out my offerings.
Seasonal changes, the solstice, birthdays, the New Year are all great times to get a reading.
Have an amazing day!
See you tomorrow!
December 23, 2021
New York City