Art Show Happening Right Now
I hung eleven Sky Pixel paintings at the High Country Conference Center on Monday! In the last two months, I have worked full time at painting (in my non-heated garage art studio) to complete six large oil paintings for the show.
It was a deep dive – and I am now coming up for air!
Below is a video I made so my mom could see the show. Some of my friends (they are in the video) insisted I celebrate immediately after hanging the work – which was a great idea! We had such a lovely time, and now I can go on to the next thing. I’m still glowing from their caring.
I often forget to celebrate my wins before diving into the next thing. I think this is a good lesson for me. Celebrate more from now on!
My art will be up until June. One of the caveats for hanging my art at the High Country Conference Center is that I get no reception. The curator, the wonderful Jill Sans, is trying for an exception. We will be having some events through her gallery, The Heartbox, over the next few months at the very least. (I will list them as they are confirmed – I think there is one happening on March 13th).
For now, there is no official reception. But! On Saturday, March 7th, at the High Country Conference Center, a major annual art event in Flagstaff, the Viola Awards, is happening. I am super-excited that my art will be there during the event. Several people have asked if I am going. Ironically, after making art for two months I did not make much of an income – I’m sort of at a restart/ground-zero financially. I trust that all is well, however, do I put one more thing that is not food or an emergency on a credit card?
Wanna help me attend to the Viola Awards?
Here are some ways you can help (every little bit helps – and it all means a lot):
- Buy my art
- Do you have an extra ticket and want to sponsor me? Contact me. 🙂
- Book a tarot reading with me (in the next two days)
- Register for Astro Luna Alchemy – I teach electional astrology and how to work with the moon cycles to embody the energy of the moon for more powerful cosmic awareness and intention-setting – PM me, I’m setting up registration for my March 22nd workshop
- Consider Donating (Buy Me A Coffee or donate directly to Venmo @cosmic-holly-troy)
- Send good vibes! See me as prosperous and successful – selling all of my art, having packed sold-out workshops, performing at musical events where folks leave generous tips and buy all our merchandise and/or something even more amazing beyond my imagination – thank you, thank you, thank you ~ ~ ~
Jill sent images from the High Country Conference Center after the paintings were hung.
I had the paintings professionally photographed as well. Once I receive the photographs, I will post on my art page and prints will be available for purchase.
Thanks everyone! This has been quite an adventure. I have a totally new series in mind already for my next set of paintings – in my imagination they are quite different. I want to explore with paint in a new way. And, I need a little break, too. (Just a little one).
In the meantime I am –
- learning and writing more songs with the Lofi Sofias and the Conduits;
- recording with the Lofi Sofias at Mudshark;
- recording with Xzavior and the Flavor Saviors for a Redifusion 2 Compilation album fundraiser cd for Flagstaff Arts and Leadership Academy;
- preparing Astro Luna Alchemy Aries New Moon Workshop (March 22nd) ;
- teaching yoga
- preparing to upgrade and film – Writing the Energetic Body;
- getting back to creating Astro Luna Tarot videos;
- reading manuscripts for three friends’ books;
- playing guitar; and
- riding my bike!
Springtime is almost here! Enjoy! Create! Love!
The High Country Conference Center is at 201 W Butler Ave, Flagstaff, AZ 86001. They are open from 9:00 am until 4:30 pm – and sometimes in the evenings for special events.
Photo at the top: Taken by Jenean Merkel Perelstein