Imagining the New
Every month, at the New Moon or the day after the New Moon, I make intentions.
For Gemini, I did my intentions twice. I didn’t even think of it until now – but of course I did. The vibe is Gemini! Twice the fun! The first set of intentions felt sort of “safe”, boring, conservative – and I didn’t realize it until I read them out loud to a friend who stopped by to do a Gemini New Moon Ritual with me.
Most of the ritual consisted of talking – for four hours! We sat on opposite sides of a closed bbq pit – where we each placed a few dozen crystals and stones. Once we got settled in, I called in the directions and read a meditation/visualization where we met our soul twins. That meditation sparked something in me – my body was buzzing. And then all of these new “what if” intentions came pouring out. I wrote them down as they came to me – and I felt each one resonate in my body.
We took our time. It was windy. We watched birds while we sat out there. A robin family built a nest on the edge of the clothes line, the momma and poppa flew back and forth to the nest the whole time – the babies are very hungry and vocal. We saw a peregrine falcon gliding high in the sky being chased by a hard-working crow. A finch. A buzzard. And ravens.
I told my friend how Gemini/Mercury is connected with ravens and crows. They are, like Mercury, known to be able to travel between the worlds. They can carry messages to other dimensions – and for that reason – why not leave our intentions wrapped in little pieces of foil to represent the shiny things crows and ravens like to collect?
These are the “what if” intentions that gave me goosebumps:
- What if I could activate my DNA for my highest potential?
- What if I could contact my Soul Twin at any time for inspiration, messages, and playful interaction?
- What if I could make art and music in a fun, joyful, playful way?
- What if I choose to let my path be easy?
- What if I could choose the highest vibration thought at all times?
- What if I choose the highest vibration?
- What if I let honoring the moon be healing, joyful, and evolutionary?
- What if I let myself be open to joyful possibility?
- What if I allowed myself to co-create with the cosmos in a way that brings the highest, best, most love-filled, joy-filled, prosperous outcomes?
- What if I allowed myself to easily write lyrics and write songs on my guitar?
By the time we were finished with our ritual, I felt as if I had stepped through a doorway into another dimension. It was like all my cells were tingling – saying “yes” – ready for, and in, a new reality.
I felt different. I felt alive. I felt good.
That feeling of shift, change, transformation – I love it! I tapped into something that has been dormant, and I am excited to fold that energy into my life (and art and music and teaching) in a more conscious way.
Have you done any intentions for the New Moon?