A man who knows what he wants, makes it so.
From Far Out Magazine “The one and only David Bowie, was born on this day in 1947 in Brixton, London. – ‘I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human. I felt very puny as a human. I thought, ‘F**k that. I want to be a superhuman.’ “
Thanks, Far Out Magazine, for the reminder it’s David Bowie’s birthday.
Today I am listening to The Man Who Sold the World in honor of his birthday. It is one of my favorite albums – good heavy, a tad psychedelic rock ‘n’ roll. And the lyrics!
Mick Ronson was an incredible guitar player. All the musicians on this album were amazing.
From wiwipedia, the line up were:
- David Bowie – vocals, guitars, stylophone, organ, saxophone
- Mick Ronson – guitars, backing vocals
- Tony Visconti – bass guitar, piano, guitar, recorder, producer, backing vocals
- Mick Woodmansey – drums, percussion
- Ralph Mace – Moog synthesiser
- Ken Scott – engineer
Header Photo of David Bowie: Masayoshi Sukita
Get out there! Do something, listen to something inspiring.
Peace and love,
January 8, 2021