My life is changing and shifting – in some ways so incredibly rapidly and in other ways so slowly it almost hurts. A lot of tearing down and building up at once. I have been moving to Phoenix for months now – yet, I can’t move down there until I get a job. I have a job in Flagstaff, but in order to get to it, I am having to couch surf. I am grateful for the generosity of my friends – it’s truly amazing – and – I’d really like to get down to Phoenix and get settled in.
There are some things I’m excited about:
- I have a studio there that will serve as an art studio, another room that will serve as my reiki studio and my tarot reading room, and, a gallery.
- I live really close to the Heard Museum, the Phoenix Art Museum, and the Phoenix Center for the Arts. I’m looking forward to connecting with artists and teachers and volunteering and taking classes – just being active in the arts with other creative people.
- My place! I love it! I love the courtyard, I have some cool neighbors, a swimming pool and a hot tub, and a patio!
- Of course – my man and Seraphina.
- Not driving over 100 miles a day to get back and forth to work. My situation right now is incredibly unsustainable. In fact – I am focusing on walking and/or biking distance.
- A bedroom and a bathroom of my own. A door to close.
- My own bed!
- The chance to make more money.
- The possibility of starting a band!
- Fun places to rock my new haircut. (I know, sounds silly, but, I really like places that have ambience and style . . . )
- The possibility of restarting grad school
I could really use good vibes or good ideas or both on getting a job. I’ve been applying to the universities and now restaurants. I need enough money to cover my expenses while I get set up making art and doing reiki, etc.
With so much change and being unsettled and not moved in yet, I’ve decided to postpone my next session of Writing the Energetic Body to sometime later this fall. I’ve made a couple of changes to the workshop – I am adding a little more time to the course in order to give participants a chance to absorb the work and I will be including more new videos to the course and am changing up the website among other things.
I can use all the help I can get. Tonight I am going to add some “benevolent magic” to all the other actions I am taking. My friend and teacher Geordie Numata shared about his experience with an incantation of golden light beings that feels like it could be helpful.