Looking back over the last year, I just kept looking.
Around this time last year, I was coming to a turning point. Things weren’t sitting right in my life for a while, but that’s exactly what I was doing. Sitting. Just waiting. And I started looking back to give me clues on how to move forward. And today I’m looking back to see how far I’ve come.
Major themes: creativity, love, courage, and trust.
May 24, 2021
There was a story behind this Music Monday that got me thinking about how making music, making art, is risky – and yet – it must be done!
I was feeling like I had spent lifetimes dodging death, fitting myself into the box other people wanted me to fit in. I was almost there, but my home and projects and the state I was living in were starting to feel incredibly oppressive, I could barely breathe. It’s a theme.
And I thought – I am free to be and do whatever I want. Nobody is gonna kill me for it. Just live your life! You are the only one putting yourself in the box!
Since then, I’ve been on a new adventure.
May 24, 2020
My goodness! The intentions below really have set me on a path – and oh – it’s amazing to see the two-and-quarter year moon family cycle showing me how powerful, and fruitful these intentions were. The ones that give you goosebumps are the ones to pay attention to!
I have had to come at my life in a very Gemini-like way, in order to make it through this dense tough time we’ve all been experiencing over the last few years.
Gemini is – curious, playful, flirty, a social butterfly, childlike. I’ve had to revisit my childhood over the last year especially, and give my child-self a lot of say, a lot of room, and a lot of love. Every day. Every day. I had to be the “adult” when I was a child, now I get to honor my child-self as an adult.
The trick is now, balancing innocence with the responsibilities of being an adult. It’s a learning process for sure – and it’s a journey I’m not only willing to take, but one that I can and I must.
These are the “what if” intentions that gave me goosebumps:
- What if I could activate my DNA for my highest potential?
- What if I could contact my Soul Twin at any time for inspiration, messages, and playful interaction?
- What if I could make art and music in a fun, joyful, playful way?
- What if I choose to let my path be easy?
- What if I could choose the highest vibration thought at all times?
- What if I choose the highest vibration?
- What if I let honoring the moon be healing, joyful, and evolutionary?
- What if I let myself be open to joyful possibility?
- What if I allowed myself to co-create with the cosmos in a way that brings the highest, best, most love-filled, joy-filled, prosperous outcomes?
- What if I allowed myself to easily write lyrics and write songs on my guitar?
By the time we were finished with our ritual, I felt as if I had stepped through a doorway into another dimension. It was like all my cells were tingling – saying “yes” – ready for, and in, a new reality.
I felt different. I felt alive. I felt good.
May 24, 2018
My hair is looking good today – smooth curls and waves – I knew you’d notice.
May 24, 2013
“Anger is the first step towards courage.” — Sinéad O’Conner
Warner Brothers took the original video down – so here is a new one.
May 24, 2010
My meditation cd started making royalties! That was neat!
And, because I love Steve Martin . . .
May 24, 2008
This blog began as a series of lists, and public newsletters to home on the east coast. I was on a kick about spending three minutes a day listing what I love.
Writing began as a way to reclaim my identity, my soul – after a harrowing marriage that shredded me to bits. I shyly put out there that I was into love, and Beauty, and spirituality, and tenderness.
I don’t have the records in front of me, but I think May 2008 is when my divorce was finally verified by the courts.
- I love that I am taking care of myself. I love that I can smile when I think about love. I love that I might feel fear, but that I can take a moment and sink to a deeper place to get to my real feelings. I love that I can acknowledge that I may have hurt myself when I was younger, and that I can make amends to myself now. I love that I can be forgiving. I love that I can be gentle. I love that my Darlin’ is gentle. I love that I am free. I love music. I love that life has so many opportunities for adventure and fun – no matter what pessimists and the media might have us believe. I love living in the moment. I love bicycles!
Bonus: Just for kicks – Dean Martin doing Pennies from Heaven, too . . .
It’s hard to remember what was happening ten years ago, thirteen years ago. It’s hard to remember dreams and hopes. Looking back helps when looking ahead. So much changes – and yet – similar themes . . .
Enjoy your day! Enjoy your life! Do and enjoy your thang!
May 24, 2022